Monday, June 27, 2011
- The Prince George’s County Council and Executive will be in Ocean City for the Annual MML Conference and all meetings have been cancelled for the week.
- The Prince George’s County Board of Education will meet in special session today to consider a number of charter school proposals as well as celebrate the end of Student Board Member Jonathan Harris’ term and the start of incoming Student Board Member Faith Jackson’s term. Jackson will take office on July 1st.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
- The Prince George’s County Chamber of Commerce will host their Annual Membership Celebration & Inaugural Reception. For more information visit their website at http://pgcoc.org/ from 6:00PM – 9:00PM.
- County Councilman Mel Franklin will host his monthly District 9 Community Advisory Meeting at the Surratts-Clinton Public Library from 7-9:00PM. For more information on the agenda visit our Community Calendar.
- The County Council will meet as the Board of Appeals at 6:00PM in the County Administration Building Room 2190. Click here for the agenda.
Thursday, June 30, 2011
- The Prince George’s County Redistricting Workgroup chaired by Delegate Aisha Braveboy will host a public meeting at Largo High School from 6:00 – 8:00PM. For information on their agenda visit our Community Calendar section.
- Also on Thursday County Councilwoman Leslie Johnson is expected to plead guilty to obstruction of justice charges. Should she decide to take the plea Johnson will be forced to step down from the council.
Friday, July 1, 2011
- Executive Rushern Baker will take questions on the WTOP Politics Program starting at 10:00AM.
Don’t forget to visit to also go to this post and get involved in our 1st Annual Outstanding Browser contest for local governments.